Over the past 15 years, blogging has become one of the most popular tactics in content marketing. Producing valuable, real-time content allows companies to build their brand from a personal standpoint, improving visibility and loyalty among prospects. If your business hasn’t started utilizing the power of blogging, you may want to start as soon as possible. Here are some key reasons why:
- Blogging is an inexpensive way to provide branded content. B2B marketers that use blogs generate 67% more leads and have 434% more indexed pages without having to pay for third party media. This is a distinct advantage if you run a small team or lean operation.
- A B2B blog can have significant impact on your search engine rankings. The more frequently you post high quality blog content, the greater the odds are that your posts will attract the attention of prospects that are looking for your industry-specific knowledge. By utilizing keywords and strategic taglines, a quality blog will attract high quality leads from target audiences and improve the sales funnel of any B2B business.
- Blogs provide up to date, relevant information that can be distributed on multiple media channels. A blog is a place where you can publish content that gives your business a unique voice. The goal of your blog should be to present yourself as a viable, innovative source of information, most notably in your area(s) of expertise. The more you are able to build a reputation as a trusted information source in the blogosphere, the more you will attract a following of readers who may eventually become customers.
- Blogs can act as a navigation tool to direct prospects to a specific location by URL or QR code. If you are looking to highlight a specific product, service, promotion or partnership, B2B blogging can be an ideal method to boost visibility. Be aware, though, that while internal linking is a useful tool, it is important to abstain from becoming promotional within blog content. B2B readers respond best to blogs that educate and add value, so be selective about the content that you choose to promote, lest you lose favor of your readership.
Whether you are a blogging veteran or just getting started, these blogging best practices will help your B2B blog stand out.
- Use industry jargon appropriately. Know your audience and speak to them in a way they would understand and resonate with. It’s good to use specific terminology, but be strategic and avoid overusing language that could alienate readers, or worse, make your business appear out of touch or misinformed. This could lead potentially interested readers to stray.
- Be detailed. People who read B2B blogs are generally knowledgeable in their specific fields and have invested time and energy to acquire that knowledge. For this reason, you should aim to speak to your readership’s level of expertise with innovative, valuable content and findings. Be sure to offer insights like statistics, “insider” industry knowledge, or other unique content that benefits your readers. This is achieved by sticking to a topic in your niche field and writing about it with a tone of experience and expertise.
- Utilize the now. Use current events to your advantage by finding unique ways to incorporate trending topics into your posts. This approach will allow keep your blog content relevant as well as enhance your SEO rankings, as trending topics will appear towards the top of relevant search results.
- Be consistent and focused. Once you have positioned yourself as an expert in your field, it is important to remain consistent! Regular blogging has a host of advantages that include enhanced SEO, improved website traffic, and increased lead prospects. In fact, studies show that companies that published 16+ blogs posts per month received almost 3.5x more traffic that companies that published between 0-4 monthly posts.
If you are interested in enhancing your business’s communications, let us assist you in optimizing your blogs, marketing or strategic communications. For more information, please reach out here.