Content marketing should be at the core of any business to attract customer loyalty and stand out from the competition. The right keywords could dramatically improve search ranking, PPC, and affiliate marketing results. However, the right content should be a continuous flow and business owners/ marketing teams should work hard to provide a steady flow of engaging materials for new and existing customers. Here are 5 tips for content marketing success for your business.
- Be original and find your voice – Every business is unique with their product or service offering and team members. Staying true to your business value should differentiate you from the crowd. A prime example of original content is Red Bull. The energy drink’s marketing campaigns are what set the caffeinated concoction apart from a very saturated market. “But, as with any high-concept marketing strategy, the product isn’t really what’s important. It’s about the message – which is ostensibly that Red Bull helps you do more, push your limits, go further and achieve more than you thought possible.”
- Be consistent – Successful marketing campaigns do not happen overnight. They happen through consistent, drumbeat-like approach that eventually gets remembered by consumers. According to Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs, Ann Handley “The mindset that you’re in now is much more focused on having a consistent program. Not just a one-and-done campaign, but a really consistent approach to how we’re doing marketing.”
- Share & Repurpose – Now that you have quality content created with consistency in mind, the next step is to share this with industry friends. Invite guest bloggers and vice versa to stay on top of industry trends but also to reach customers you might have not reached. SAP’s Vice President of Marketing and Content Strategy, Michael Brenner says: “Multi-channel marketing is the 2nd core piece of Content Strategy, which seeks to provide the content our audiences are searching for, in all the places they search.”
- Always have SEO in mind – Having relevant content will save your business on money that would have been spent on SEO or PPC keyword ads. When writing your next blog, generate content that is of value to your audience, and stay relevant with the current trends or events. Keep in mind that having images and videos will improve and boost your search rankings.
- Measure your progress – Your landing page metrics, new social media followers, lead generation, and website conversions should be a gauge in determining how successful your content marketing is.
Being a successful content marketer requires discipline, creativity, and flexibility. Having a process input will help with repeating success and being adaptable to change. For more tips on internet marketing, download our free e-book to ensure your online marketing efforts meet current best practices.